Wednesday, March 30, 2005

The Feral Cat


Knucklehead- Posted by Hello
Last August, one month after our mountain lion sighting, found me digging in a natural rock semi-circle toward the edge of our clearing. The intent was to plant iris and foxglove, two plants the deer seem to avoid.
Suddenly I heard something moving through the undergrowth. I stood tall, wielding the shovel in what I hoped was a threatening manner. The movement sounded much like a deer, very tentative yet heavy.
Out of the brush strides the skinniest kitten I've ever seen.
NO! We can't have a cat, not with three large dogs! We can't have a cat, we're planning on purchasing a leather sofa!
Well, now we do have a cat.
In fact we have two.

2 Comments:

Blogger SierraBella said...

No clone patrick, it's a black cat (spooky) who's decided we're OK!

2:57 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

Wow, he IS skinny! The coloring is similar to my cat (Chi Chi ~ yes I realize that means various body parts in different languages, but that's NOT how he got his name), but Chi Chi is about TWICE that size and Chi Chi *isn't* fat!

Very cute kitty though, just needs a little food (or a lot)

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home