Monday, June 20, 2005

Give Me Your Tired, Your Wretched, Gardening Shoes!


My Gardening Shoes- Posted by Hello
Somewhere in BlogWorld was issued an edict, post a photo of your gardening shoes!
I believe it was OldRoses, or perhaps Crazygramma, or maybe even Sylvana.
Well here they are, in their faded glory! Those thick, Skechers soles are perfect for non-skid climbing on our steep slopes, as well as that extra oomph accomplished by actually jumping on the back of a shovel to get it to dig into this hard clay soil.
Hello Skechers- you're getting a free ad here. Email me for my size and mailing address... I'd love another pair!
Since I've mentioned some of my favorite gardening blogs, let me also direct you to Greenie. Just maybe he'll post a photo of his gardening shoes too!

Note: Greenie posted his gardening Skechers too! Take a look!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Sylvana said...

They are ADORABLE! I like the idea of thick soles for shovelling. Ow! My sensitive feet!

11:48 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

They're very comfortable!
I can't even go barefoot on the deck anymore... too many incidents.
I used to live on the beach, now that's barefoot heaven, except for the occasional broken glass.

12:14 PM  
Blogger shana p. said...

oh dear.... I would post a picture of mine, but they are the same ol' red plastic clogs you see everywhere..... I think yours are probably better, I always end up with wet feet!

p.s. do you know what happened to chris v.'s blog?

7:15 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

cheesecakey-
I wish I could get by with clogs!
With ticks and whatnot, I've found it best to cover up the feet and ankles.

I just emailed you that red salsa recipe, and will email you Chris' new address.

7:10 AM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I loves me Skechers! 'Course, mine are lazy Skechers, with no laces or anything, just slip on. And they look like fish scales!

Aaaaaaah, maybe we could both hawk Skechers and get some freebies, eh?

12:31 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

bucky-
Really!
I do need some more, my other pair aren't too far behind these as far as wretchedness goes.

Wish we really could get some freebies! Maybe we should work the name Skechers
into our blogs on a daily basis?

1:39 PM  
Blogger Joseph said...

That's a great idea! Start pandering for new garden shoes by posting name brand!!! Brilliant!

My garden shoes are Sketchers too!

I'll take you up on this and post them to the garden blog. LOL! Great Idea!

1:50 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

greenie-
Hey, I'm not too proud to beg (although I like that word pandering!)
Can't wait to see your Skechers on Project Greenthumb!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Joseph said...

ha! done!

6:02 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

I love your gardening shoes. I have no yard, therefore no gardening. I can live vicariously through all the blog gardeners, though.

6:20 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

greenie!
All I can say is WOW! Those pictures are great.
Well, if those Skechers people come lookin' they're goin' to like your advertisement product placement much better!

squirl-
You're welcome to visit my garden (what survives the deer anyways) both online and for real anytime!

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home