Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The Meme Craze!


My fibbin' brother and me- Posted by Hello

I was going to post a sentimental essay today, as it's my 13th anniversary...
but we had a disagreement early this morning, so I decided the meme would put me in a better mood. When Mr. S(O)B realized I was online during yardwork breaks he quickly apologized. Hey- I've discovered a new weapon!

Here's the meme-

I am from coffee cake from Bisquick and Neapolitan ice-cream, because, well, there were six different opinions in our household.

I am from the pink stucco house in the fog, up the steep hill near the Pacific Ocean, where our books always had a musty smell.

I am from the camelia bush in the shade by the front door, and the sleddable ice-plant on the back hill.

I am from a Protestant/Agnostic mix and reserved, from Norman and Dorothy, Fred and Edna, and Earl and Alice.

I am from both picnic lovers and bathroom readers. (Paperbacks only!)

From "Take those wet clothes off, you'll catch your death," and "Be home by five" which was always dinnertime.

I am from Methodist, then Lutheran. Sunday school (fun) then church (oh so boring.)

I'm from Alamogordo New Mexico, via England, Ireland, Scotland, Germany, Austria and France, macaroni casseroles and Chef Boyardee spaghetti. (ewwwwww!)

From the time my next younger brother saved a boy from drowning (his explanation for coming home with mud up to his neck,) the time my mother was putting little red X's on the family calendar which I helpfully marked off the days she'd missed, leading to the birth of my youngest brother... and the first (and only) time my mother swore! (This wasn't the same occasion.)

I am from the box of family pictures my mother always threatened to leave to me, which I now have, and in the process of sorting and scanning. Wonderful memories ensue each time I work at the task. All those familiar faces, and best of all... those smiles.

15 Comments:

Blogger Squirl said...

I just left my comment on your other site. :-)

12:45 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

squirl-
I'm heading over to check it out!

12:58 PM  
Blogger Joseph said...

YEAH!!! That was great! Truly. Your bathroom readers and my gastronomic releases are a pair for sure.

I love that you have Bisquick in your's too.

3:03 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

greenie-
Sorry, but yours was much better!
shhhhh... I still read magazines in the bathroom, Martha Stewart would be so appalled.
I still don't get Bisquick. It's just as quick to mix salt and leavening into inexpensive flour... oh well.

3:20 PM  
Blogger shana p. said...

I like the meme! very cool.

It must be disagreement day, because we had one too - I am actually still too pissed off to even blog about it, even though it is sooooo stupid! But then, it usually is.... I'm going to have to try your tactics!

6:38 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

cheesecakey-
It must be something in the air!
Mr. S(O)B just doesn't do well on celebration days... and father's day is coming up. Great...
Thanks for the compliment, and I just began the book you sent this morning!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Effie said...

Lutheran, eh? Which synod? Yup--that's where I'm from...maybe I should do this one, we'll see...
nicely done!

1:16 PM  
Blogger CV said...

I said it before when you posted that in Sierrabella... but that is the cutest, old school picture! You and your brother were cute kids... you especially.

8:41 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

effie-
Hello, and welcome!
Synod? I have no idea!
Our Lutheran Church was being held in an elementary school cafeteria while they were waiting for the Church to be built.
Try this, it's fun and not so long as the hundred things meme.

chris v.-
Thank you!
Just the other day I received a comment where they thought I was your little Presley's grandmother!
I was quite flattered, but set her straight.

8:19 AM  
Blogger CV said...

Yeah I saw that comment. It made me laugh out loud. He has a grandma (2 actually) BUT you can be his blogosphere fairy Godmother if you'd like...

8:46 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

chris v.-
I'd just adore being his blogosphere fairy godmother!
I'll need to shine up my tiara!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

I saw a cool tiara at Walmart yesterday...

9:51 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

squirl-
Little Presley doesn't deserve a fairy godmother wearing a Walmart tiara...
maybe one from Target will do?

10:28 AM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I think your best bet is Tiaras-R-Us.

That's where I get my tiaras.

5:20 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

bucky-
Darn, I forgot about them!

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home