Friday, June 10, 2005

So Call Me A Copycat!


Me- Alamogordo, New Mexico Posted by Hello
Here goes, 100 things about me:

1.) I'm female 2.) and retired.
3.) I love the color blue 4.) but not red.
5.) I'm the eldest of four 6.) and my sister is mad at me for posting about her.
7.) I'm married 8.) twice so far..
9.) I'm using a teak outdoor bench as a couch 10.) but own two china cabinets and two curio cabinets.
11.) I own a Toyota 4Runner 12.) which is paid for.
13.) I live in a rural area 14.) but have lived in both urban and suburban places in the past.
15.) My favorite hobbies are gardening, genealogy, 16.) and blogging.
17.) I have three children 18.) and one grandson.
19.) I worked 30 years for one company, 20.) which I hated. Don't want to name the company, but it's initials are SBC.
21.) I hate telephones 22.) but I love email.
23.) My high school was in a coastal town 24.) so we skipped school (sometimes) and went to the beach.
25.) My best friend from childhood sends me those awful annual Christmas letters 26.) but doesn't return emails.
27.) I love receiving emailed jokes 28.) but hate emailed chain letters, especially the one's with hugs.
29.) I painted my living room an unusual shade of a peachy orange 30.) which I don't like.
31.) I love taking photos 32.) but not posing for others.
33.) I hate cabbage 34.) but love brussel sprouts.
35.) Gambled for the first time on my honeymoon 36.) and won big at Keno!
37.) I believe in ghosts 38.) and lived in a haunted house. Story to come on Halloween!
39.) I've been to Telume, Mexico 40.) where my first spouse threatened to throw me off a pyramid.
41.) I have three dogs 42.) and two cats.
43.) I make lots of "to do" lists 44.) and lose them.
45.) I sing badly 46.) so I don't.
47.) I don't like spiders 48.) but I do like snakes.
49.) My kids urge me to dance those old 60s and 70s dances 50.) so they can laugh at me.
51.) I have two Ouija boards in my home office 52.) which I'm afraid to use.
53.) I have three TVs 54.) one of which is only used for the Playstation.
55.) I love to go barefoot 56.) even though I tend to get injured.
57.) I cook mostly Italian food 58.) and Mexican.
59.) I know a little Spanish 60.) but can swear in 4 languages.
61.) I had blonde hair when I was little 62.) it's still somewhat blonde if highlighting counts.
63.) I love gold 64.) but dislike silver.
65.) I once played spin-the-bottle 66.) and it landed on the grossest guy, which is why I played only once.
67.) I hate cleaning house 68.) but like doing dishes.
69.) I love Cabernet and Merlot 70.) but dislike white wines.
71.) I love Macadamia nuts 72.) but hate almonds.
73.) I live miles from nowhere 74.) but people still drop by.
75.) I'll watch autopsy shows 76.) but can't bear to watch surgery on live people.
77.) I used to want to be a stewardess 78.) or a witch.
79.) I own tons of coffee mugs 80.) but use only one.
81.) I love coffee 82.) but can't abide tea.
83.) I enjoy receiving flowers 84.) but not supermarket bouquets.
85.) I'd rather go camping 86.) than to stay at a hotel.
87.) I have two desks 88.) and they're both usually messy.
89.) Houseguests are welcome 90.) for no longer than 3 days.
91.) I keep two sets of cookware 92.) because my son is a vegan.
93.) I have two credit cards 94.) and pay them off monthly.
95.) I don't eat bologna 96.) but I have Spam in the cupboard.
97.) There's a photo of assless chaps on my site 98.) but they're not mine.
99.) I almost stopped blogging recently 100.) until I noticed Greenie added me to his blogroll. Thank you Greenie!

19 Comments:

Blogger Squirl said...

Dog gone, you're fast. I'm coming back after I have time to take more notes. Lots of good stuff here. I'm so glad you didn't quit blogging. I like your blogs.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Okay, here goes. #8, I didn't mention that I was married before. Didn't even think about it. #38 Can't wait to hear your haunted house story. #40 No wonder he's an ex! #49 Those dances are good exercise. #52 I could never get them to work. #66 Yuck, no wonder. #78 As Susie says, it's never too late. :-) #85-86 Give me a good hotel any day. #96 When Bucky hears you have Spam she might just have to come over. #100 I will blogroll you as soon as I figure out how. Please don't stop blogging.

4:27 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

First: what Squirl said. Please don't stop your blogs!

Now, onto the main course:
Nice mugshot.
#6 - I'm so glad my sister isn't mad that I post about her!
#38 - You really gonna make us wait 'til Halloween?
#50 - another reason I don't dare have children.
#90 - this is how friends stay friends.
#97 & #98 - well, if you ever get the urge to go assless, please remember to share.

Great list! How long did it take you?

5:29 PM  
Blogger Joseph said...

Thank you for that...I think I needed that today.

I appreciate your presence here and on mine and other blogs. You bring so much to the day to day experience. That and gratuitous assless chapage. That to me is worth it's weight in gold. ;-p

And you are swimming in good company with the likes of Squirl and Bucky. They are truly great women.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

I see over at Squirl's place it only took you a half hour to do this?

*bows to the master*

We're not worthy!

And thanks, Greenie -- all our lives would be emptier without you, your cute boy, and your hypnotic dawg.

4:38 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Thanks Greenie. We all love you.

And, Sierrabella, we would miss you so much if you bowed out. Hang in there. :-)

5:17 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Wow- Visited by 3 of my all-time favorites on one posting! (Susie emailed me about this one as well.)

squirl
-
Thank you so much! Guess I can't stop with all this encouragement.

bucky-
The list came to me pretty fast, surprisingly.
My sister was angry because I mentioned she's always late... I didn't mention she was an hour late for her own wedding! The only other attributes I discussed was that she was long-legged and blonde. How could that anger her?

greenie-
Hello!
I'd seen a comment you'd made on another's site, where you mentioned sometimes feeling the same way about blogging.
I really appreciate your nice words. The assless carnage... oops I meant chapage will continue!

8:32 AM  
Blogger shana p. said...

#6 - that's why no one, except for my husband knows I have a blog... not even my closest friends.
#15 - right there with you on the gardening
#34 - me too!
#35 - gambling is my favorite form of entertainment
#37 - yup!
#51 - I am terrified of ouija boards
#92 - I was a vegan for 3 years... I wish those around me were as understanding
#99 - DON'T STOP BLOGGING!!!!!!

12:21 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

cheesecakey-
I was looking at a vegan site for menu ideas, and came across some of the awful things people did to vegan guests.
One guy's mother went over the holiday menu numerous times so she could understand what was OK for him to eat.
Afterwards, she told him she added meat to a dish because he looked pale!
Yeah, I'll bet he looked pale after that!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I'm baaaaaaack.
25. Aren't they bizarre? Last year I did a long, tongue-in-cheek letter, saying things like I was cutting back on my drinking and trying to make it home most nights, Jif had made peace with the voices in his head, that sort of thing. People LOVED it; everybody makes fun of those things.
28. Me, too.
51 & 52. There has to be a story there.
72. Me, too.
80. The beautiful Asian-looking floral printed mug that I had used for 15 years "got broken" recently. I mourn. :(
83 & 84. Yes. SO yes.
92. This means his food can't touch cookware that's had non-vegan food in it? I had never heard about this.
99. Like I said in my email. :)

12:45 PM  
Blogger CV said...

Awesome list! Very clever.

You COOK Italian and Mexican? You own a Playstation ? That's it, I'll be right over...waitaminute, there's still that Brussel Sprout thing...ick!

1:13 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

susie-
You should reprint that Christmas letter this next Holiday season, it sounds like a gas. Now don't go giving me ideas!
My son is Hindu, and teaches at the Temple in L.A. He won't even eat onion and garlic... how can one cook without them?

chris v.-
Thank you!
My favorite cookbook is Rao's Cookbook from the famous Italian Restaurant in NYC.
I usually saute the brussel sprouts in chicken boullion, and do not overcook. Maybe a little grated fresh parmesan on top.
We'll skip them when you come by for a visit! Please bring red wine!

Wow, now cheesecakey, susie and chris v. have stopped by! It's like a party, but dang, no assless chaps.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Wow, I admire your son's discipline. I would be back to cooking 101 without onion and garlic. I love the smell of onion and/or garlic sauteing (sp?) in olive oil. That's the beginning of most of the things I cook!

4:01 PM  
Blogger Katy Barzedor said...

Who says there's no assless chaps?
*bends over*

4:04 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

susie-
Almost everything I make starts with onion and garlic too.
I buy tons of fruit when he's coming up.

bucky-
Hooray, now the party's starting!
I really do need a better camera now!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Okay, where's the camera and where are the assless chaps?

6:46 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

squirl-
Don't you remember?
We were all drinking red wine?
Oh well, what happens in Mountain Ranch stays in Mountain Ranch!

8:44 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

gina-
Hi, and welcome!
No, Presley isn't my grandson, but I think he's adorable.
I have pictures of my grandson posted on this site, maybe last month?
BTW, I popped over to your site, and I like it too!

1:59 PM  
Blogger Homestead said...

Don't you DARE stop posting.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home