Thursday, June 09, 2005

Rainy Days & Thursdays


...more bad weather- Posted by Hello
Well... we were heading into summer, until yesterday that is.
Tuesday I learned to drive the garden tractor, and it wasn't a pretty sight. Don't get me wrong, driving the thing is a gas. It's these hills which make me nervous.
It didn't help that my friend EJ told me about a local who tipped his, and died in the resulting fire.
Afterwards, I went back to weed-whacking the areas the tractor won't reach, and we're still not done with the property! The plan was to continue weeding yesterday.
Now it's raining...
Great for the well, but I foresee new weeds sprouting as I type.
We get to start all over again.
Wish me luck on the next tractor run. I'm just praying that sucker doesn't tip.

9 Comments:

Blogger The Complimenting Commenter said...

You have some awesome pictures. It makes my heart go pitter pat when I see where you live. Great choice and I hope that you continue to have peace. I only wish a major problem was what the deer eat! ;) Nice job.

11:22 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

complimenting commenter-
Well hello! Glad you stopped by.
I totally appreciate the compliment!
The only complaint (for me) today is a dental appointment later this afternoon... ewwww.

11:29 AM  
Blogger shana p. said...

good luck on not tipping! can't you have your husband do the hilly parts? (asked by a woman who repeatedly asks her husband to do ANYTHING remotely distasteful or dangerous)

6:43 PM  
Blogger jac said...

Ha ! That is what I want to do when retire Maam. Weeding, weeding and potting and the sprouting again is just natural, called mother nature. Nothing can go wrong with your tractor and a nature lover like you. You will enjoy every minute of your retirement time.
.

8:47 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

cheesecakey-
Normally the husband does do the hills, and all the tractor work. Recently had a friend of a friend pass away. The widow doesn't know how to do anything, and I don't want to ever be in that position.

jac-
Thank you for your encouragement! I really am enjoying retirement.

8:31 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

I've seen the weather map. You're in the Low and I'm in the High. We're quite warm and dry for this time of year. Last year we were cold and just getting done with flooding. Gotta love mother nature.

Good luck with the tractor!

11:58 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

squirl-
Today (Friday) is nice, but awfully humid. Normally this time of year means that dry heat.
We've been out stacking wood today, and I'm probably going to start looking like Aaaahnold, our Governator!

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at my house, it's has rained every day since March 9th.

1:30 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

anonymous-
You poor baby! Where do you live, other than under-water?
I used to live in a fog-belt, and it was so dreary. We were lucky to see sunshine maybe 6 days out of the year.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home