Wednesday, May 11, 2005

And Now For Some Really Big Trees!


Taken at Calaveras Big Trees State Park- Posted by Hello
Our guests will be leaving tomorrow morning. They are spending this evening visiting with other friends in the area, giving me my first opportunity to blog in well over a week!
My daughter and grandson visited Calaveras Big Trees State Park yesterday, which is where the above picture was taken. The park is about 25 miles from here, so it's close enough for a picnic and a walk afterwards.
My free time (yesterday) was spent putting together a belated Mothers Day dinner of turkey and the usual fixings. Today has been soup day.
Hopefully I can get back up to speed, and some free time will allow me to catch up on my blog reading sometime tomorrow.
I've probably missed quite a lot in this short time , so I'm really looking forward to tomorrow's perusal.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sylvana said...

We don't have trees that get that big around here. We do have some pretty big maples, oaks and white pines though.

1:40 PM  
Blogger shana p. said...

I haven't been around in about a week, either....
That tree is great! One of my favorite camping trips was to the Sequoias and we saw many trees that big.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

I love those big trees. Ichabod and I were in California, oh, probably six years ago or so. The big trees were definitely on our list of things to see.

6:46 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

sylvana-
The sequoias are definitely big! I'm surprised we don't have the big ones here, since we're so nearby.

cheesecakey-
I've always loved camping around the redwoods. One of our guests (the grandson) is staying until tomorrow, when I take him back to the S.F. Bay Area, so I'm still not quite back!

squirl-
When I lived closer to S.F., all our guests wanted that tour. Now they want to see the big trees, caves and vinyards in this area. We're between Yosemite and Lake Tahoe, so this is a good midpoint to stay.
Maybe we should open a little Bed & Breakfast!

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home