Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Back To School


Oceana High School, photographed by Alan Lee- Posted by Picasa

This photo must have been taken on the one non-foggy day the town of Pacifica gets each year. Anyone who's lived there, or just driven through, knows what I'm talking about.

Looking at the close proximity between the high school and the beach tells you the likely spot to find the truants. Even I skipped school once or twice!

The yearly Pacifica Fog Fest is coming up soon. Our high school reunion has gone informal in recent years, and the plan is to meet up at the festival. I almost attended last year, but a knee injury kept me home.

I'm thinking a four hour drive, reconnecting with old friends, and some nice chilly fog sounds real good right now. We're still in the triple-digit weather, and it may continue for quite a while.

Now to find where the heck I packed away my sweaters...

9 Comments:

Blogger Squirl said...

Are you going soon? Or are you just thinking about a trip at this time? Maybe I'm not comprehending well. Too much work stress. :-)

It looks beautiful. If you're used to that kind of weather then triple-digit degrees would be a literal living hell. If you go, have a good time and don't catch a chill.

10:48 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

squirl-
It's not happening until the end of September I believe. Our senior president is great about emailing us reminders.
This summer makes 34 years since graduation... and I haven't attended even one reunion!
If I wait much longer, everyone will be in wheelchairs!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Joseph said...

My 20th is next summer. No mention yet if there will be a reunion or not. There were only 75 of us to begin with and I know we've lost a couple since.

Hope you get some relief from that weather soon. That's one thing about up here, we get our nice hot days, but it always cools off. Perfect gardening conditions here.

11:24 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

greenie-

Dang, you're so young!

I've heard my class has lost a few classmates too...

Been visiting White Salmon online almost daily! It cools me off seeing the lower temperatures up there.

My container plants are suffering so badly with this hot spell.

11:38 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

gabriel-
... making you my youngest daughter's age.
No jacket, tie, shoes or age requirements here!
Feel welcome to visit (and comment too) anytime!
Semper fi-

1:27 PM  
Blogger shana p. said...

that is beautiful... I'm thinking of going just to get out of THIS heat... just kidding

4:47 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

chackler-
Yep, just south of San Francisco.

cheesecakey-
I know. Fog sounds so delicious in this heat!

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i accedently hit "next blog" while trying to fix mine, and i saw oceana high school. i live in p town and i thought it was so cool that i found someone that knew where it was. i have played soccer at oceana for as long as i could walk. anyways, just thought i would tell you it was really cool.

7:52 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

anonymous-
Welcome, and hope you find your way back sometime!
Yeah, I lived in Pacific Heights (off Skyline and Sharp Park Road in San Bruno,) so we were sent to Oceana H.S. in Pacifica.
After H.S., I lived in two different apartments in Sharp Park.

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home