Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It's A Little Too Quiet Here


Heading up the driveway- Posted by Picasa

PJ went home last night, leaving this grandma's house awfully quiet!

While he was here, we Blogged, watched Sponge Bob and several movies, we played with toys and we hiked.

Whenever we walk around the property, we take along what we call our "Mountain Lion Sticks." The fact that lions generally attack from behind isn't important, we just feel more secure carrying them. One of our cats almost got skewered by grandma when it approached from the rear proved to grandpa that my hearing is still good.

The picture above shows PJ carrying his little stick, which he assured me would kill anything from a rattlesnake to a mountain lion.

Heading up our driveway we noticed the deer have taken to pooping in the middle of the road about every 20 feet or so.

PJ's "Mountain Lion Stick" became a poop dissection tool.

As we headed further, we found some unknown excrement. Upon examination, we found the animal had been eating berries which might have meant it was bear poop, a fact which delighted my grandson but not me...

During our hike we talked about everything under the sun. We heard what sounded like a car crash down on the main road, so PJ asked if I'd ever been in an accident.

I told him about the time I was sitting at a stop light, and the driver behind me wasn't paying attention and crashed into me.

In all seriousness, he looked up at me and asked "Did you get killed grandma?"

Like I said, it's a little too quiet here right now.

12 Comments:

Blogger eclectic said...

Well? Did you?!?!?! Oh..., I see.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Mahala said...

OH MY GAWD!! Okay.. no one else is gonna read this right? Shhhhh don't tell anyone but.. when I go walking, I poke poop too!! The Girl Child and I have gotten into some very serious disagreements over the origins of the poop.. erm.. poops... deposits.

8:26 PM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

You are an awesome grandma! Poop dissection can be very informative.

6:22 AM  
Blogger The Q said...

Ok, I'm going to need to learn some tact before my Niece asks me a question like that. Too cute!

PJ is so lucky to have such a cool, fun, wonderful and loving Grandma...who can not only stop rolling cars from killing Grandpa, but can also *almost* skewer one of her own cats.

What wonderful memories PJ is going to have about trips to his grandparents house, poop dissection, blogging, hiking, and most importantly being totally safe and loved beyond belief.

Can't get much better than that SierraBella :-)

10:04 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

eclectic-
I'm not legally dead yet!
The things kids say, huh?

romani heart-
PJ's mama used to collect owl poop for us to examine. We found bird beaks, mouse heads and other interesting items.
If I ever find human "deposits," I'll start carrying a gun!

rae ann-
Thank you!
It sounds like you've 'been there.'

soozieq-
You can always send your lovely niece up here so PJ and I can 'larn' her about country 'livin!'
Eclectic, notice how I'm already pushing this?

11:05 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

When we were visiting SSBs grandparents in Arkansas they drove us around to show us their housing village. Suddenly his grandpa stopped the car and pointed to a dead armadillo. "Do you want to get out and see it?"

What? OF COURSE!!!! We all got out and poked it with sticks.

11:35 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

sylvana-
Now that just cracked me up!
What, no pictures???

11:59 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

I love his imagination.

Poop dissection is done by adult humans as part of their experiments/jobs. That's how they find out how many pandas are in an area. Each one has a distinctive way of chewing shoots. The shoots kinda, well, go straight through. They can check to see how many different types of chews marks there are.

This is way more than anyone wanted to know about panda poop, I'm sure. Sorry, I'm a trivia nerd.

3:25 PM  
Blogger shana p. said...

I'm still waiting for the PJ blog.... all PJ all the time!

9:52 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

AJ-
I usually see PJ wearing Power Rangers, Spiderman or Incredibles tee shirts!
When my older kids were little (a hecka long time ago) we had a friend who worked for George Lucas and gave them ET tees. The kids in school made fun of those simple shirts until the movie came out at which time they coveted them!

squirl-
You are indeed the master of trivia!
I swear I saw some of my Lantana in the deer poops. I had to move the remainder of the plant back onto the deck the other day.

cheesecakey-
I'm thinking a PJ blog would be more interesting than most of the things I write about!
Kids are such an endless source of entertainment.

11:07 AM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Madame, you are not playing fair. You are now clearly using your geographical advantage to snare the fair Sydney Suzanne. But I shall not give up easily. After all, LE already has loved a girl named Sydney, and is therefore predisposed to love Sydney Suzanne all the more. It ain't over yet, missy! ;)

8:21 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

eclectic-
Other than Sydney Suzanne's obvious lovliness, I have an ulterior motive:
can you just imagine having SoozieQ as an inlaw?
How cool is that!

All's fair in love and war...

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home