Friday, September 23, 2005

Among The Living Dead


Before the storm- Posted by Picasa

This photo was taken several evenings ago, as a lightning storm was heading our way.

Due to the marathon ancestry research I performed recently, my old neck injury has come back to haunt me.

Advil and periodic rest keeps the pain down to a dull roar, but the most disconcerting trouble is my altered sleep pattern!

If left to it's own device, my normal pattern consists of three hours of solid sleep, upon which I waken, and remain awake until sunrise. At that time I generally fall asleep another three hours.

This is doable, since I'm retired, but just not right!

During my genealogical research, I found my G-G-G grandmother Margaret Kaufman's family had migrated from Pennsylvania to Maryland around the early 1800s. It appears her family were Ashkenazic Jews, who lived throughout Eastern Europe before settling in America.

Now I'm wondering if my wandering Kaufman family didn't take a little detour, and perhaps live in Transylvania at some point in time.

This might help explain my strange sleep habits.

14 Comments:

Blogger The Q said...

Oh how I love the rolling car/no undie rescue story!

I'm sorry your neck is bugging you again SierraBella, that really sucks!

Oooohhhh, wouldn't that be cool to find out...Transylvania!

Um, ok....my word verification is

sexheriz

Does that translate to Sex Her Eyes?

3:31 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

soozieq-
Thanks!
I'm thinking sexheriz might just be a fun new exercise program!

3:34 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

Now that's pretty funny! Didn't even think of that as I got too sidetracked pondering "Sex Her Eyes" and how much that would sting!

4:47 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

soozieq-
Remember the ejaculation er exclamation from "A Christmas Story" You'll shoot your eye out!
Try explaining that to your eye Dr.

5:11 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

OUCH. I started rubbing my eye just thinking about it. GAH!!!! I'm gonna have nightmares about sperm, er I mean a BB hitting me in the eye!

7:56 PM  
Blogger Homestead said...

One of my cousins was deeply interested in my grandmother's family history. He said we are the way we are because we are descendents of some certain variety of gypsies... of course, that was years before he took up permanent residence at Warm Springs. (the state mental hospital)

9:06 PM  
Blogger jac said...

I too am rubbing my eyes, Sierra !

10:03 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Well, that gorgeous photo is a sight for sore eyes. :-) That's really beautiful.

I hope your neck gets better right away. That middle of the night stuff could help you get caught up on blogging, if that doesn't bother your neck too much.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Nina said...

That is a gorgeous photo . . . That is cool that you found your G-G-G grandmother . . . I love family history.
I hope you neck gets feeling better soon, there is nothing worse than not sleeping.

8:54 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

soozieq-
Hope you didn't have nightmares last night!

homestead-
He might have been correct, at least on that one point!
Now if he'd claimed you all were descended from aliens...

jac-
Sorry about that...

squirl-
Thank you!
Actually I'm thinking the computer marathon was what reactivated the neck injury, so I'm trying to keep my online time to a minimum for a while.

nanina-
Thanks!
I'm happy that I'm getting any sleep. I count myself very lucky!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Ouch, sorry for your neck pain, Vampira. That is one beautiful photograph you've shared with us, though.


safuxa (this is the second time recently that I've gotten "fux" for my comment verification. What the fux?)

3:10 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Hi Susie,
I was just thinking about you!

Out of 40 something pictures I took of that sunset, I felt this was the one.

Darn, but my word verifications are generally senseless:
bgpomwq

3:55 PM  
Blogger shana p. said...

that picture is awesome!
sorry to hear about your neck.... I can relate to the sleep pattern - maybe some Swiss came through Transylvania!!!

9:22 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

cheesecakey-
Thanks!
I've read where you've also been having sleep problems...
Actually, I've read many Kaufmans have Swiss roots!

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home