Friday, April 28, 2006

Wildflowers and Weeds

Wildflowers
The lovely Kat gently reminded me that it is now springtime, yet my most recently posted photos are snow pictures!
Indeed I've been remiss!

I begin my spring cleaning in February when I start sorting out my tax paperwork; using the opportunity to clean all my files, both paper and data.
Closets and drawers are next. Who knew I had so many clothes to give away, and throw away?
Note to me: Go shopping soon!
Next on the agenda is the annual weed-a-thon which occurs during the week-long springtime weather we receive. This week our temperatures are in the 80s, next week we'll likely be sweating perspiring through the 90s.
I'd rather weed-whack than clean house anyway.
So I began yesterday.
I slathered on tanning cream, donned a tank top and shorts (as well as safety glasses) and headed out.
Not twenty minutes into this project, my weed-whacker hit something only slightly less lethal than a rattlesnake or bee hive...
I hit fresh dog poop.
Yeah.
So as not to gross anyone out (too much), let's just say it involved face, neck and hair. Thank goodness for those safety glasses!
Before I got to the shower, who do I see but Mr. SB, coming from his assigned corner of the property, where he's been working.
He tells me "this is the first and only time I'm going to say this, but you're full of shit."
No duh...
I'm now beginning to contemplate labeling the growth on the property as wildflowers.
One doesn't need to whack down wildflowers, do they?

13 Comments:

Blogger The Q said...

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Glad to see you're back SierraBella! I'll take a shit covered SierraBella over NO SierraBella anyday!

12:59 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Soozieq-
Awwwwwww, thanks!
You were actually the person I was thinking about when I toned down the description...

1:35 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

You ARE here!!! It's true, then!!!! When I saw someone using your name and profile pic over at SoozieQ's, I thought it must surely be an imposter, but no, HERE YOU ARE!!!!! *Hugs* I'm so HAPPY to see you!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Woo-hoo! I've been checking back pretty regularly. I was sure you'd post again sometime!

Sorry you whacked dog crap. But it does make for a great story. :)

So nice to "see" you around.

7:24 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

eclectic-
I'm so happy to see you too!
I have such a hard time keeping up with my blog reading since I have a dial-up modem. It takes absolutely forever to get through to read everyone.
I should be over to see you today!

squirl-
You are too kind!
I also thought the dog crap story was too good to pass up blogging about.
I guess 'shit happens' is really true!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Kat said...

darn it, soozieq beat me to it. Ok, I'll say it too.

eewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

I got the computer plugged up long enough to check email and had a nice surprise hearing from a long lost friend! lol

Glad you're back!

2:47 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

kat-
From reading your posting today, I see you're awfully busy!
I'm glad you checked your emails.
(And I agree on the ewwwww!)

3:56 PM  
Blogger Nina said...

LOL, I laughed . . . nice to see you back . . . I kept checking back. I'm glad you are here!

7:27 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

nina-
Thank you!
Glad you had time to come visit, and I suppose you needed a laugh right about now.

9:43 AM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

Welcome back to blogging! I've missed you! Sorry about the doggie doo.

2:07 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

rae ann-
Thank you! (On both accounts!)

2:41 PM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

I've never hit poo when weed wacking. I'll be sure to look out for that.

9:16 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

sylvana-
It's definitely something you won't forget...

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home