Monday, August 29, 2005

Would You Hire These People To Design Your Landscape?


Neighborhood eyesore 1 -

Neighborhood eyesore, same property -  Posted by Picasa

I missed playing Stuff Portrait Friday hosted by Kristine, but I loved the idea of posting about my neighborhood eyesore.

This property is approximately two miles down the hill from me, on the main road.

I've read the owners are landscape designers, and wished to make their property something in which to showcase their work...

It's been several years since they began, not a good sign for potential customers who wish to complete their own yards in a timely manner.

To date, all I've seen go in is a large mound with a few plants atop, and I mustn't forget the hand painted planters.

Along a portion of their frontage usually sits this artwork which consists of what appears to be 5' pieces of concrete sewer pipe standing on end, and hand painted by what looks to be five year olds.

As for the heavy equipment and supplies housed on the property- I understand the necessity of this stuff... but you're supposedly landscape designers. How about hiding this mess behind that berm, maybe build a tall fence or perhaps plant some new trees along the roadside?

Has anybody driven past your property, fell in love with your vision and hired you?

I think not, and if so... they deserve you.

11 Comments:

Blogger The Q said...

Hey, is that a PORT-A-POTTY in the second picture? Please tell me it's not...and if it is, lie to me if need be and tell me that's not their only toilet!?!?

12:52 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

soozieq-
There's a large container labeled "Tires" but that might be a porta-potty next to it.

I seriously doubt that would be their only toilet. It appears to be a small house, but not that small!

... and you thought the Pigs For Sale house in your area was bad!

1:02 PM  
Blogger The Q said...

Yah, to the left of the "TIRES" thing...but to the right of those two white containers. It looks like a brown port-a-potty.

:::dry heave:::

Sorry, but if their yard looks like that then I can only imagine the unsanitary conditions of a port-a-potty on the premises.

Yah, I'll take "Pigs for Sale" over that any day!

1:11 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Ooooooh, ahhhhhhh, wowwww! You lucky duck getting to drive past that every day!!

2:04 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

soozieq-
I don't think I mind so much the state of the property as their claiming to be landscapers!

There's another neighbor about a mile down the road who has a perpetual yard sale going on! Luckily they're below the road and not too visable.

eclectic-
Heck, I only leave our property maybe twice a week!

There's a whole lot to be said for retirement... like not having to see that every day!

2:15 PM  
Blogger shana p. said...

yeah, it totally looks like a bunch of hillbillies.... reminds me of when I lived in Chatsworth!

6:09 PM  
Blogger jac said...

Damn good designers they are, Sierra

12:51 AM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Maybe they really don't want to work all that much. Is this something like negative advertising?

7:11 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

kat-
Y'know I saw Jeff Foxworthy has a segment on the show where you can submit stuff like this... maybe I should turn them in!

cheesecakey-
I have too much respect for hillbillies to compare them to these people.

kitty-
I don't blame you for scrolling past the pictures ASAP!
I think aircraft flys around that property... some kind of alien force at work...

jac-
I'll get you their business card. heh heh heh

squirl-
I'll bet you're onto something here! They probably use their home office as a business deduction at tax time, and don't really intend to get customers.

11:17 AM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

wow, that looks like some of the places around here. I like the way you can see the road in the side mirror in the bottom picture.

2:15 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

rae ann-
Really! I mean how much effort does it take to throw away, or even hide your trash?

Y'know I almost cropped that part of the picture out, but I liked the effect of the winding road!

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home