Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Oh My Gawd!

photo borrowed from website

My ex-husband's family was devoutly Catholic, almost like The Kennedys without either the political clout or trust funds.

His parents were wonderful people, and went so far as to periodically take their children and their spouses on vacations!

One such vacation was to Medjugorje Yugoslavia to view the children who claimed to see the apparations of The Virgin Mary.

The ex and I didn't travel with them at that time, partly due to vacation scheduling, and partly due to the fact we were the heathens of the family. (We did, however, get sent to Mazatlan Mexico when our vacation came about!)

The in-laws traveled a lot, usually bringing back religious souvenirs for all.

One such gift was a bottle of Holy Water from Lourdes, much like the one shown above.

We kept our bottle on display with other knick-knacks, and after several years noticed the water was evaporating.

One Sunday, after work, I arrived home to find the ex and his best friend had been partying. We opened another bottle of wine and I joined in- but they were well ahead of me, drunkwise.

I've learned over the years that being less inebriated than your friends can either be distasteful or downright funny...

These two guys created a scenario which included a little of both.

They decided it was time to drink the Lourdes water.

I advised them that diseased people bathed in the waters... yet they polished off that little bottle.

Neither of them caught anything, nor did they rise to Heaven like drunken angels.

All I know is that I'd sooner eat the little worm at the bottom of a Tequila bottle than take a chance like that!

17 Comments:

Blogger The Q said...

Oh nasty. I'm with you SierraBella, there's no way I would have even tasted that water! ICK!

2:39 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

soozieq-
Really!
I was sort of hoping the ex would vaporize or something...

2:46 PM  
Blogger Mahala said...

I've got a little bottle of water from the river Jordan that a friend brought back for me last year. It's got little bits of something starting to appear in it. I'm hoping it's just the cork off the top of the bottle. It may turn into my own little science experiment!! But don't worry, I ain't drinkin' it!!

2:49 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

romani heart-
Oh puhleeze don't drink it!

Heck, I won't even drink my own well water...

Do ya think you're growing sea monkeys or something?

3:17 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Ick! Maybe they should have poured it over their heads and baptized themselves.

4:58 PM  
Blogger shana p. said...

ewwwwe! you can bring me a worm instead, also... especially if it's soaked in tequila!

5:26 PM  
Blogger jac said...

Drink it any how. You are fool proof, Sierra!!

10:51 PM  
Blogger jac said...

Worms are nothing... read my post Sierra, then you will know .

10:53 PM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

How funny! I was hoping it would end up that they spent the next few days sitting on the porcelain throne. lol

9:47 AM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

Aw, I was hoping for illness too. I'm so evil ;)

10:40 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

squirl-
Now that's an idea! Guess they went for an internal baptism.

cheesecakey-
I'm glad you agree with me here!

indiaiynke-
Yeah, since the Holy water didn't kill him I figured a divorce was kinder.

jac-
No- I'll pass on that! I will be over to check your blog in a few minutes.

rae ann-
That would have been an appropriate ending!

sylvana-
No, you're not evil!
I was hoping the ex would be hit with a bolt of lightning though.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Nina said...

OMG~ Ewwwwwwww ~ not much more to say . . .

2:22 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

nanina-
Isn't that the truth!

3:01 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

Totally with Nanina on this one. Gaah! There's not enough alcohol in the world to make me drink that water....

10:45 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

eclectic-
For sure!
Most of us are reasonably normal, unlike those two.

9:58 AM  
Blogger dre said...

alternate title: Good Lourdes!

10:41 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

dredom man!
That's too funny, and I needed a laugh today!
Thanks.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home