Thursday, April 14, 2005

So I Had This Nightmare Last Night...


Sunset Posted by Hello
I dreamt that I was forced back to work! This nightmare is becoming more and more frequent. Last night I awoke from the dream, poured some ice water, walked around a bit to clear my head, then went back to bed. Wonderful- It only continued!
Do I feel guilty about retiring at the age of 48? NO, I worked my full 30 years!
Do I miss working? NO, I worked all those years for a large company which shall be left unnamed, but by the time I retired the initials had evolved to SBC. If someone farted upstairs, we'd all be smelling it down through the ranks if you know what I mean.
I do miss some of my coworkers, but have kept in touch with many.
Am I worried about money? Although we're definitely not rich, we are OK, so that is also a big NO!
If I were to choose a job I'd actually like to do, I'd work in a nursery. A garden nursery, not a child care facility.
I'm enjoying the hell out of retirement!
So why the dream... Susie, anyone?

4 Comments:

Blogger Squirl said...

Sierrabella, I'm no therapist and can't give you the real reason why you're having this dream. I can say that at least you're not dreaming that you're greeting people at Walmart!

6:09 PM  
Blogger shana p. said...

I am no therapist either, so will just describe how I felt when I stopped working - I felt weird stopping work when I got married. I had been working 2 and 3 jobs as a single parent, and I went from that to a housewife practically overnight. It was a weird transition, aside from the fact that all of our friends' wives worked. It felt like a dream in the beginning and I couldn't believe how lucky I was and I was afraid that I would have to go back. I had had it so hard for so long (7 years as a single parent) that it wasn't easy to accept that I didn't have that struggle anymore, that it was ok to relax. I don't know if this applies to you in any way, but are you relaxing? Deep down? I mean, deep, deep down...

8:15 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

squirl-
You're so right! Not to mention the nearest Walmart is about an hour drive away...
The price of gas would eat up any earnings.

cheesecakey-
Maybe you are a therapist!
Your point was well made.
I absolutely do feel relaxed, though.
I'll have to ponder this further.

9:52 AM  
Blogger jac said...

Mam,
I am not retired, but i would like to say that the pic u put there is damn good and i can even write a poetry on it. Damn good down to earth writing too

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home