Thursday, September 01, 2005

Goin' Down To Jackson

Heading down our road

We had to head into the town of Jackson today to drop off Mr. SB's Tundra for some safety recall work.

Heading down Highway 49 we passed the area of yesterday's fire, and could understand why the CDF had to call in so much aircraft. The terrain there is quite steep and has very few roads the firefighters could take into the area.

Now we're used to seeing roadkill along the winding roads up here, but today's Roadkill Menu included a young pig!

To top off today's oddities, our nearest restaurant had a menu posted at the entrance to their parking lot, with Roasted Goat Leg as today's Special!

I'm wondering if tomorrow's Special will be roasted baby pig...

10 Comments:

Blogger The Q said...

Oh nasty! Who would eat GOAT? Well obviously someone must eat it, but that just sounds so wrong on so many levels.

I can't/won't eat veal or venison though, so maybe I'm biased.

But roasted baby roadkill (!!!) pig sounds dawg-gone delicious!

:::dry heaves:::

3:51 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

I seriously doubt I'd try goat either.

I'll have to check for recipes in my Roadkill Recipe Book and put a shovel in the trunk of my car.

By tomorrow it should be nice and ripe.

Now how do you feel?

4:20 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

**heaving** To bad more restaurants don't utilize the efficiency of roadkill, like that dandy little eatery you've got there, SB. **retching**

4:31 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

I see loads of racoons on the side of the road around here. Those and deer. It doesn't take too long before it's, literally, skin and bones.

4:35 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

All I can say is I haven't eaten at this 'restaurant' and I now doubt that I will.

We were going to try their breakfast...

We have to go out tomorrow, I'll have to take the camera and get a picture of this place, or at least the sign.

4:39 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Oops, that last comment I made was meant to be for eclectic! I'm getting too tired to blog now...

squirl-
Yeah, we see lots of deer off the side of the road too.

Maybe I should hurry with the shovel before someone steals my next meal.

OK, I'm making myself sick now!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Eat a GOAT???? That would be like eating a donkey or something.

5:16 PM  
Blogger shana p. said...

ewe! well I guess NOT ewe, haha

ok, that was bad.... I wouldn't go there either!

5:55 PM  
Blogger jac said...

With Pineapple souse.
Don't go near 'eclectic', she is retching.

7:31 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

kat-
I've heard some cultures enjoy goat, but it sounds a bit gamy to me.

cheesecakey-
Oh no, a punster!
Ewe better not go there!

jac-
I don't think eclectic is the only one retching around here!

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home