Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Happy Birthday PJ

PJ's First Birthday

Today is my grandson's 4th birthday!
He's already taken the physical for pre-school.
Time is definitely flying...

His parents were already living in this area when his mama called to let me know they were going to induce labor. The timing was just perfect for this grandma as we'd already scheduled a vacation week, and were heading up here on that very day!
While packing up a load, mama calls and asks when we're leaving, because the labor was underway. I assured her this labor would take quite a while and even though the trip would take almost 3 hours, I'd be there for the birth.
Wrong!
By the time I got to the hospital, the receptionist was so excited she blurted out "You've got a grandson!" (It's a small, two-story hospital, which obviuosly doesn't see much action.)
By the time I got upstairs, my grandson was watching basketball with his dad!
So much for the typical (meaning long) first-time delivery.
If my daughter ever has another baby, I'm thinking about buying dad a catcher's mitt and letting him handle the delivery...

14 Comments:

Blogger The Q said...

What a cutie!!! Look at those baby fat rolls on his arms, mygod, could he have been ANY cuter?

Happy Birthday PJ!!!

2:43 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

SoozieQ-
I've been checking for a new posting from you!
Isn't this just the typical 'It's my first birthday and I get to eat like a little piggie' photo?
I'll relay your message!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Yes, Happy Birthday to PJ!

Wow, that was a fast delivery.

3:28 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Squirl-
Thanks for the birthday wishes.
(I went over to Bucky's and wished her a belated.)
That really was a fast delivery! I've had three, and never seen one pop out so quickly.

4:02 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Lucky her! And he is a cutie.

4:14 PM  
Blogger shana p. said...

happy birthday pj!!!!
glad you're posting again :)

9:45 PM  
Blogger Rae Ann said...

Cute!! She is lucky that it was an quick and "easy" delivery. Happy Birthday to PJ! I hope to be a grandmother someday!

6:32 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Kat-
She knows she's lucky with that fast delivery. She's tiny, and PJ was big, but she did a 'hecka' lot of walking during her pregnancy which probably helped.

Cheesecakey-
Thanks!
I still won't be blogging as much as before, but will be doing it occasionally.
I'll have to drop by and see if you've written about your new job yet.

Rae Ann-
Amen!
PJ's going to be so excited when I show him all the birthday greetings here!
I'm thinking someday you'll be the cool grandma with the Corvette?

11:21 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Kitty!
Are you telling me that I get to look forward to a male version of you (with my grandson) in the future?
I'm afraid to visit your blog now- with the quitting of smoking and your svelte new body... I'm so totally jealous!

12:20 PM  
Blogger eclectic said...

I didn't post a comment on this, like, weeks ago??! Wow! 'Cause I read it then, but apparently I didn't take time to say what I was thinking, which was, Happy Birthday, Big Guy!!! Wow, do I ever suck as a blog-auntie!!!!! Sorry PJ, I'll try to be more timely next year.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Nina said...

LOL, well some of us go quickly . . . I did. But made it to the hospital with all three, almost didn't with son number two. happy birthday PJ . ..

10:25 AM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

eclectic-
Heck, I do that all the time!
Thanks for the birthday wishes... he just spent the night recently and I forgot to show him his birthday post! Now he'll have more comments- thanks!

romani-
Duly noted, I'll have to come by for a visit!

nina-
I love your new picture (with Mateo.)
My last baby (PJ's mom) came real fast too. I think I was in the hospital maybe 2 hours?
Thanks for the birthday wishes!

1:45 PM  
Blogger jac said...

Welcome back !
You should let me know when you post as I don't have an R.S.S feed or a technocrati.
What a cute baby for cute gramdma!!

1:17 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Well hello Jac!
Thanks for the compliment.
I seem to be posting about once a month lately... been busy with life!
I'll be sure to stop by your blog the next time I post.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home