Friday, April 29, 2005

Well, The Good New Is...


A double rainbow- Posted by Hello
On the way down to town recently, I noticed a brand new "For Sale" sign pointing up our road. There are only four homes on this gravel road, and I know ours isn't for sale, so I emailed my favorite neighbor of the remaining three.
Thank God it wasn't her! (And she was happy it wasn't us.)
The home I was hoping was on the market is the house of the neighbor with the wandering dog (mentioned on an earlier posting.)
I went online to Realtor.com to get the lowdown, and found it is not the neighbors I was wishing gone.
It turns out Royce is moving! That's too bad, he is what I consider a great neighbor. He keeps to himself, and the only noise to be heard from his place is the squawking of his many birds. When we first moved in, his peacocks loved to wander around our property, and what a sight! Early one morning, before we had blinds on the bedroom slider, I awoke feeling someone was watching me. Imagine my surprise when I opened my eyes and saw a huge peacock on the deck, staring at me!
Royce is great to talk to when we do cross paths. I haven't run into him in probably six months. The last time we did speak, he mentioned the possibility of moving sometime in the future.
We're hopeful the new owners will be as nice (and quiet) as he was.
I'm hoping the double rainbow is a sign of good things to come.
One good thing to come about is that we now know what our place could sell for, and it's waaaaaay more than we paid!
If the new neighbors don't work out, we can actually afford to move.
* The link to the actual property is: Royce's house.

8 Comments:

Blogger Redwood Recluse said...

How close is he to you? we look at the same possibility , but where would be better?

7:44 PM  
Blogger Sylvana said...

When I first moved into my house I really didn't care for the neighbors. Even though the house is in an older neighborhood right in the city, they tried to pull "seniority" on me on issues such as my lighting and trees. I stuck my ground telling them we don't have a covenant, so no, I will not chop down my beautiful centuries old maple to suit you. My neighbors left, giving me the best neighbor in their place that I could have ever hoped for. I know that you actually like this neighbor that is leaving, so I really hope that you get the neighbor of your dreams.

8:44 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

aj-
No problem, I added the direct link at the bottom of my posting!
One of my favorite diversions is looking online at homes, especially those with virtual tours.

redwood recluse-
He's the next property over, so the houses are about 5 acres apart. I saw your recent posting about the tree butchering new buyer. I hope that deal dies!
We've (sort of) got Montana or Colorado as potential maybes.

sylvana-
Outlasting the neighbors can be a rough road to travel. Glad you finally got a good one now.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

12:24 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Hey, look where I am...nice! I just clicked the link from mrtl's; I don't usually pop up in this neck of the woods. The double rainbow is thrilling, in person and in a photo. I got one years ago in Wyoming.
We bought our house 2 1/2 years ago, and could not possibly afford to buy it today. RE market has gone crazy in the Balto/DC area.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

May I swipe that picture for my desktop?

2:03 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

Well hello susie!-
Now I can't wash this blogsite again!
A while back, I was looking at property in Anne Arundel (online), in the old family homestead area of my Shipley family. Couldn't believe the prices!
Yes, you may swipe photos to your heart's content!
The next time I head back East, I'll make an appointment to discuss this blog addiction, OK?

2:36 PM  
Blogger Squirl said...

Love the double rainbow. And I wonder if Susie does group therapy for blog addiction. :-)

5:01 PM  
Blogger SierraBella said...

squirl-
Actually, I think susie's site is therapy!

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home